CLOs on the Move

International Paralympic Committee

www.paralympic.org

 
The International Paralympic Committee (IPC) is the global governing body of the Paralympic Movement. Its purpose is to organise the summer and winter Paralympic Games and act as the International Federation for ten sports, supervising and coordinating World Championships and other competitions. The vision of the IPC, run by 200 members, is `To enable Paralympic athletes to achieve sporting excellence and inspire and excite the world.` Founded on 22 September 1989 as a non-profit organisation, it is based in Bonn, Germany and aims to develop sports opportunities for all people with an impairment from the beginner to elite level. It ...
  • Number of Employees: 100-250
  • Annual Revenue: $10-50 Million

Executives

Name Title Contact Details
Elizabeth Riley
General Counsel Profile

Similar Companies

Industrial Research Institute

Industrial Research Institute is a Arlington, VA-based company in the Non-Profit sector.

OWASP

OWASP is a Columbia, MD-based company in the Non-profit sector.

American Farm Bureau

American Farm Bureau is a Washington, DC-based company in the Non-Profit sector.

Connecticut Hospice

Connecticut Hospice is a Branford, CT-based company in the Non-Profit sector.

New York State Historical Association

The New York State Historical Association was founded in 1899 by New Yorkers who were interested in promoting greater knowledge of the early history of the state. They hoped to encourage original research, to educate general audiences by means of lectures and publications, to mark places of historic interest with tablets or signs, and to start a library and museum to hold manuscripts, paintings, and objects associated with the history of the state. It was an ambitious undertaking proposed by the founders when they held their first official meeting on March 21, 1899, in the village of Lake George. But time has justified their optimism and the Association has grown dramatically during the intervening century into a successful and multifaceted institution. In 1926, Horace Moses, another New Yorker interested in the history of the state, donated a permanent home in Ticonderoga, New York for the Association. The structure was a replica of John Hancock`s famous house in Boston. In addition to Hancock House, Moses also gave a separate endowment to help run the Association. In 1939 Stephen Carlton Clark offered the Association a new home in the village of Cooperstown. Clark, an avid collector, took an active interest in expanding the holdings of the Association and in 1944 donated Fenimore House, one of his family`s properties, to be used as a new headquarters and museum. The impressive neo-Georgian structure was built in the 1930s on the site of James Fenimore Cooper`s early 19th century farmhouse on the shore of Otsego Lake, Cooper`s Glimmerglass. Fenimore House was large enough to have both extensive exhibition galleries as well as office and library space. The collections and programs continued to expand and a separate library building was constructed in 1968. In 1995 a new 18,000 square foot wing was added to Fenimore House to house the Eugene and Clare Thaw Collection which is one of the nation`s premier collections of American Indian Art. In 1999 in recognition of our world class collections we changed the name Fenimore House Museum to Fenimore Art Museum. The New York State Historical Association is a private, non-governmental educational organization. It is closely affiliated with its sister organization, The Farmers` Museum.